Tuesday 7 August, at 18:00

The Sharon Fridman Company makes tribute to women that, after the first world war, they have taken in hand the reins of the humanity, reconstructing the houses, taking care of with urgency the deep wounds caused by the irrational devastation and illuminating a present of hope.

ANTEPRIMA

Tuesday 07/08 - OAt 18:00

CAMPANA DEI CADUTI, ROVERETO

Thursday 09/08 - At 18:00

PIAZZA DANTE, TRENTO

Saturday 11/08 – At 15:00

SACRARIO MILITARE, PASSO DEL TONALE

SHARON FRIDMAN

COMPAÑÍA SHARON FRIDMAN

SPAGNA / SPAIN

AFOOT NAKED

100 YEARS OF THE END OF THE GREAT WAR

WORLD PREMIERE

SITE SPECIFIC CREATION

CO-PRODUCED BY FESTIVAL ORIENTE OCCIDENTE

Choreography and direction Sharon Fridman

Artistic assistant Lucía Montes

Dramaturgy assistant Antonio Ramírez

Music Ofer Smilansky & Idan Shimoni

With Walter Filippini (fisarmonica / accordion)

Costume designer Chiara Defant

Danzatrice / Dancer Melania Olcina

With 60 danzatori amatori e professionisti che hanno preso parte al processo artistico con la compagnia / 60 amateur and professional performers after a process of artistic collaboration with the company

Production manager Lola Ortiz de Lanzagorta

Production assistant Nerea Aguilar

With thanks to I 40 performer volontari che hanno collaborato al processo artistico a Madrid, senza I quali non sarebbe stata possibile la creazione / The 40 volunteer performers that were with us in Madrid (Spian) during the creative process, without whom we could not have created the piece

Produced by Festival Oriente Occidente e Compañia Sharon Fridman

In collaboration with Provincia Autonoma di Trento, Centro Servizi Culturali Santa Chiara, Fondazione Museo Storico del Trentino, Fondazione Campana dei Caduti, Comune di Trento, Comune di Vermiglio

Duration 60’

Known author and loved by the public of East West, Sharon Fridman it returns after the success of Rhizome, that had articulated the recurrence of the First world war to the Bell of Fallen in the edition 2014, with a new grandiloquent project 'of community' in the year when the end of that bloody war is celebrated. Known for projects site specific on wide staircase in which it develops 'human landscapes', the Israeli choreographer, active in Spain, it sets this time to the center of his search the female figure. It is the woman, sustained by rational devotion, protagonist of the post-war physical and psychic reconstruction of the new project for East West entitled Naked afoot. 100 years from the end of the Great War.

At the end of the first world conflict the women - Fridman explains - have taken the reins of the humanity, they have reconstructed houses and the family nest recovering her deep physical wounds and the dismay of the devastation; they have given shelter to the foolishness, they have given back hope." And once more, to build her job, the choreographer resorts to a partcipative call to involve hundred people of the place to support the protagonist and an accordionist. "I like to work with the people of the place and with the true of family memories. To transmit the life 'on the scene' it is what I look for. The dance is contact, contiguity among bodies, mutual help. It is this the idea that subtends every job of mine: I feel the need to connect me with the natural necessity of the people to stir and to express him and to reciprocally be connected." A heritage that moves from his debuts as ballet dancer, when to eight years in Israel it starts to study the popular dances to connect with the collectivity and the life of every day through the movement. Then the engagements are followed in the great companies of contemporary dance of the country and the contact improvisation, other technique of movement founded on the relationship with the other.

With Afoot naked it unites all of her knowledge to build a job to steps to present in three symbolic places of the trentino territory : a railway station, a natural space in altitude and the Campana dei Caduti of Rovereto. A woman crosses the territories of the humanity and reconciles the past with the present, accepts and she understands the loss, the loneliness, death, succeeds in changing for going on. Because it is the rudder of the daily life and hands his/her march toward a new family, a new society. A new country, a new continent.

Short

It is the centenary of the end of WW1 that brings Sharon Fridman back to our Festival with a celebratory community project that speaks volumes. Three stops in three symbolic sites in Trentino, hosting the different moments of a creative project where it is women who the choreographer chooses to play the central role in the physical and psychic reconstruction after the war. Local people have been invited to take part in the three performances of Barefoot, with a dancer from Fridman’s Company, a singer and an accordion player who will together narrate the rebuilding of humanity’s home and society in the wake of post-war devastation.

Free

Subscribe to our newsletter

When you submit the form, check your inbox to confirm your subscription